Hey hey you guys!
Svavar Knútur here, your friendly neighbourhood Troubadour. I have lots of cool news for you!
A new song out today, a new album out in September and an upcoming massive tour of Germany and Austria.
So here is my news, in a bit more detail.
NEW SONG - MORGUNN
A couple of weeks ago, I released my song Morgunn (Morning) on icelandic Radio and boy did it take off! It’s been in the second place in the Icelandic national radio charts for four weeks running! It just slipped down to number six this week, so, now we’re making it available on Spotify and I’m super excited to hear what you think about it.
The song is about the beauty of the morning, how nature and the human spirit both fill with life as the warm rays of the sun break the darkness and wake the world. A song of gratitude and celebration. I really hope you like it.
Check it out on spotify, but here's also a link to a little video I made for you guys, from some of the photos and videos from my phone. Some of you might actually be in the video ;-)
For the last couple of months, my lovely friends and I have been busy, recording a new album, called Ahoy! Side A. The album is an experiment, side A of a bigger album, with side B to be released later. But it’s still a full album, with nine songs. Five new songs and four older songs, “repainted”. I’m really happy with it and I’m looking forward to hearing how you guys like it. It’ll be released for streaming and downloading on september 14th. I’ll tell you more about the album as the release draws closer.
Here’s the album cover artwork for you guys. The artwork is the product of my daughter Dagbjört Lilja.
Click it to get to the download link page! :D
Also, I’m coming to Europe for a tour in september and cotober, playing Germany and Austria this time, but no worries guys in other countries, I have plenty of plans for tours over at your places. Look out Switzerland, Scandinavia, Scotland, Ireland, Canada and more. I'm working on coming your way.
My tour is wonderfully presented and supported by ASK HELMUT, The Postie, Kulturnews, Soundkartell, Folker and the awesome folks at Interrail.
04. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Münster - Hot Jazz club
10. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Pforzheim - Horsch
11. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Aschaffenburg - Colos Saal
12. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Ludwigsburg * -Fetzerei SOLD OUT
13. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • München * - Feierwerk
15. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Osterburken - Alte Schule
17. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Hamburg +* - Knust
18. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Kiel + - Prinz Willy
19. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Köln +* - Stadtgarten
20. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Nürnberg +* - Club Stereo *Few tickets left
22. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Berlin +* - Lido
25. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Dresden - Jazz Club Tonne
26. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Jena - Glashaus im Paradies
27. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Erfurt - Museumskeller
28. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Aue - SOLD OUT
29. Sep. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Leipzig - Kupfersaal
01. Oct. Svavar Knútur (IS) • AT-Graz - Die Scherbe
02. Oct. Svavar Knútur (IS) • AT-Wien - B72
03. Oct. Svavar Knútur (IS) • AT-Innsbruck - Die Bäckerei
04 Oct. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Göttingen * - Apex - Few tickets left
05 Oct. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Husum - Speicher
06 Oct. Svavar Knútur (IS) • Norderney - SOLD OUT
+ = Duo Show
* = Special Guests: The Rocketboys (US)
Tickets can be bought on my home page at: https://www.svavarknutur.com/concerts
I'm so excited to see you all soon! The rest of Europe, USA, Canada and Australia. I'm working on plans to see you. It's all in the works right now.
Best wishes and love,